Friday, October 26, 2007

Harvest moon


Doing the school run this morning, I spotted a large, almost transparent orb low in the sky, seemingly perched between two Rocky Mountain peaks. Having watched too many TV programs about the paranormal lately, it took me a moment to readjust my mind from "sh*t, the aliens are coming" to "my, the moon sure looks peculiar this morning".

Jumping up and down with excitement in the driver's seat, I pointed it out to the kids. The four-year-old said, with a voice that bore the tiredness of someone used to conversing with an imbecille: "Looks to me like a harvest moon".

Well, I say. You learn something new every day. It says something when you are learning it from your preschooler, but at least I could smugly comfort myself with the fact that she doesn't yet know the first thing about Neil Young.

No comments: