Friday, October 19, 2007

Sound familiar to anyone?

Plans are in the making to go to a family friendly party with hubby and kids.

Official start time for party: 3 PM
Our estimated time of arrival, after first dealing with son’s soccer game and daughter's skating lesson: 5 PM

I get a phone call from hubby. The conversation goes like this:

Hubby: You know that party we’re going to?

Me: I do.

Hubby: Well, I just spoke to the host, and he said we really ought to get there for 3 PM, when it starts. All the fun stuff is going to start happening right away.

Me: Oh. So what do you want to do? Skip soccer and skating?

Hubby: Oh, no, no, that’s not what I meant, no.

Me: What did you mean then?

Hubby: What do you mean, what did I mean?

Me: Why are you calling me to say we should be there at 3 PM, if we’re still not going to be there until 5 PM?

Hubby: I just thought I’d let you know.

Me: You thought you’d just let me know we’re going to be late?

Hubby: Jeez! What’s WRONG with you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL
Sounds so familiar!!!